Helping To Rebuild Lives Everyday
At Vlasac & Shmaruk our talented attorneys have extensive experience handling difficult cases involving drunken driving accidents throughout New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. Driving under the influence (DUI) poses a serious risk to road users. Driving a vehicle while intoxicated is a reckless and negligent act that demonstrates a complete disregard for the safety of others, and is sufficient cause to file a lawsuit in the event of an accident. If you have been injured, or a loved one has suffered a wrongful death, in a drunken driving accident, we will take necessary measures to help you obtain financial compensation from the at-fault driver.
With several offices in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania, a lawyer specializing in drunk driving accidents at Vlasac & Shmaruk will work closely with you to obtain the best result for you and your family. Contact Vlasac & Shmaruk today to schedule a free consultation.
Drunk Driving Accidents
Drunk drivers put all road users at risk, causing a significant number of accidents that result in fatalities or injuries every year. According to NHTSA, one alcohol related fatality occurs every 31 minutes in the U.S.
While the incidences of driving while under the influence of alcohol has dropped 21 percent in the last 20 years, DUI remains a serious threat to every driver, passenger, and pedestrian throughout the nation. Because drivers who are impaired due to alcohol or another substance are not readily identifiable by others, they pose an added risk to those who are unable to defend themselves against this threat.
A driver of a vehicle is legally alcohol-impaired if his or her blood alcohol concentration (BAC) is .08 grams per deciliter in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. A BAC level of 1.5 or higher is considered hardcore drunk.
All drivers have a responsibility to other road users. When laws are violated, and others are injured as a result, it’s time to take legal action against such offenders. Our attorneys are committed to protecting victims’ rights and can help you and your family to obtain the compensation for which you are entitled.
Sobering Facts about Drunk Driving
- There were more than 10,800 alcohol-impaired driving fatalities in the United States in 2009. There were 149 such deaths in New Jersey and 406 such deaths in Pennsylvania.
- More than 2.2 million people were injured in alcohol-related accidents in the United States in 2009.
- There are 1.2 million DUI arrests in the United States each year. In New Jersey the DUI arrest rate is 30 in 10,000. In Pennsylvania the DUI arrest rate is 38 in 10,000.
- More than four out of 10 drivers involved in a fatal crash and having a prior DUI offense had a BAC of 1.5 or higher at the time of the crash.
- Four people under the age of 21 die in an alcohol-related accident each day.
- The average American consumes more alcohol than milk.
Learn More about Drunk Driving Accidents
If you are the victim of a drunken driving accident, it is important to seek legal counsel right away. The best way to learn if you are eligible for compensation due to injuries from a drunken driving accident is to contact Vlasac & Shmaruk today. We take each case very seriously, particularly cases involving drunken driving accidents. A skilled attorney at any of our New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania offices will first determine who is at fault; and then will do everything possible so that the at-fault individual is held accountable for any physical, emotional, or financial damages that you have suffered.